» Things to Look For in a Packaging
Things to Look For in a Packaging Consultant
FREE Quotes for best Packaging Solutions
Describe your service requirement and get best
quote from reliable packaging service providers.
Institute of Packaging Professionals suggests the following points that you
should consider while hiring a Packaging Consultant:
- Experience: You're paying for expert advice, so make sure the
consultants you consider are equipped to deliver that advice.
- Strong ethics: There simply is no substitute. If you don't
have complete confidence in the honesty and personal integrity of the
consultant you work with, then the information that consultant offers is
of little or no value.
- Complete objectivity: A consultant's opinion cannot be
compromised by preconceived ideas or emotional involvement.
- Cost: You get what you pay for. Both low and high quotes
should be thoroughly studied, analyzed, and considered in relation to
what you expect to get.
- Good listener: Ultimately, you'll want the consultant to do
much of the talking. But the consultant must know what your problem is
before he offers a solution. Beware of candidates who don't take the
time or aren't smart enough to listen to what you have to say.
- Self-confidence: If a consultant's demeanor doesn't suggest that
s/he has what it takes to get the job done, s/he probably doesn't.
- Strong analytical skills: Often, the challenge isn't in
finding a solution, it's figuring out what the problem is in the first
place. Make sure the consultant you hire has the analytical skills
needed to help you develop a full and accurate picture of problems,
solutions, and the various repercussions of those solutions.
- Creativity: You don't hire a consultant for boiler- plate
suggestions and regurgitated ideas. Look for signs of innovation, unique
approaches, and a different perspective.
- Personality: A good match of personalities between client
and consultant helps ensure a successful relationship.
- Size: Is the firm large enough - or small enough - to handle
- Full-time attention: Make sure your work isn't an
afterthought after a long, hard day looking for or working at the
consultant's "real" job. Your work will never be a priority
for an unemployed or moonlighting packaging professional. To ensure your
project gets the attention it deserves, hire a professional packaging
- Ability to transmit knowledge: Brilliant thoughts and
innovative solutions will do you no good if the consultant doesn't have
the communication skills he needs to pass those ideas onto you.